Ways to Use the
- Narratives, the short story,
storytelling (plot, setting, characterization, theme, mood, tone
-- it's all here!)
- Community Identity
- The Great Depression, WPA
- Mural-making (materials, form,
- The mural movement in Mexico /
- The preservation and
restoration of murals
- The history of murals
- Popular Mural Themes:
stoicism, the American worker, the usable past, community
identity, the family unit, emancipation of women
- Sizing murals / scaling
- History of a community /
Symbols used to represent your community
- Making inferences about a
community based on post office murals
- Should the federal government
fund the arts / artists?
- How do modern communities view
these post office murals today?
- Should these post office
murals be considered as "art"?
- Can murals be or have they
been a form of propaganda?
- Was there an issue between
public perception and the artist's expression?
- Controversy over post office
murals / modern-day murals
- Murals vs. graffitti
- Do murals or did murals