Special Interest Groups
Every year The Community Discovered staff, in conjunction with the Museum
Partners, have developed several special interest groups based on activities
and interests of participating teachers for that year.
2000 - 2001
- A continuation of our first cinematography SIG
- Learn about Cinematography, and get a chance to work with the new iMovie software!
- Community Discovered's first SIG of the 2000-2001 year will tie in to the many photography exhibits of our museum partners. Visit the itinerary to find out the details!
1999 - 2000
- Look What's "Pop"-ping!
- Explore the world of Pop Art by visiting this website, which includes quotes from Pop Artists, curriculum connections, and URL's dealing with pop artists, the history of the pop movement, the turbulent Sixties, and Pop Art's effects on architecture. Also, find out who is attending the Pop Art SIG, along with what resources can be found in the Pop Art trunk.
- Picturing Nebraska: Take a Web Trip!
- Working in your classroom with Nebraska artists? Nebraska writers? Nebraska history? Then this website if for you. Click here to explore Nebraska through its history, literature, and visual art via the Internet. This site will link you to Internet sites that will enhance your study of Nebraska.
- Exploring the World of Children: Children's Book Illustrators
- This website supports the activities of the Children's Book Illustrators Special Interest Group which was held at the Museum of Nebraska Art on Saturday, February 26. Caldecott winner Emily McCully , along with Sue Reiber of the MONA and the CD staff, led the group through a day's worth of activities dealing with how to integrate illustrations from children's literature into the curriculum.
1998 - 1999
Post Office Murals