If you wish to submit a new lesson or modify an existing lesson
please contact Erik Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the web-form addresses.
Five overarching principles of constructivist theory:
- Pose problems of emerging relevance
- Structure lessons around primary concepts or "big ideas",
not facts and skills
- Seek and value students' points of view
- Adapt curriculum to challenge students' suppositions
- Assess student learning in the context of teaching
Questions to ask yourself:
- What will the students learn?
- How will the students learn?
- Did the students learn?
- How will the teacher document their own growth?
- What did the teacher learn?
Belief Statements that help define the four pillars
Traits of a Constructivist Teacher