Taking the Photos -
*You are now ready to take the still shots frames of the object
that will make up the finished QTVR movie.
- Focus the Mavica camera on the object and when you have the view
of the object you want, click on the button to take the first of 36
- Now move the Lazy Susan CLOCKWISE10 degrees (or one mark).
Again, click on the "take picture"button.
- Continue moving the Lazy Susan in 10 degree increments, each time
clicking on the "take picture" button.
- For a really high quality VR movie, take 36 photos. But for classroom
use, 9 shots can get the job done and will keep students from getting
- Preparing the Photos
Two processes must take place with the Mavica photos before they
can be used to make an Object VR movie:
- Change the Mavica images to PICT files - This is very
simple to do. Simply install the JPEG Convert to Pictsoftware on your
computer. Make sure that you move an alias of this software to your
desktop. Now SELECT ALLof the Mavica photos and drag them on top of
the JPEG Convert to PICTicon on your desktop. All of your Mavica shots
will automatically be converted to PICT files.
- Change the Name of the Photos - In order for the QTVR
software to recognize these photos, they need to be renamed.
The first picture taken must be renamed File.01(all one word). The
next pictures taken must be renamedFile.02, File.03, etc.,all the way
up to File.36.
Once this is accomplished, you are ready to create the linear QT
Create a Linear QT Movie -